Civils, Marine & Fusion Welding
Project was for refurbishment of Council operated Household Recycling Centre, O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey BT36. The footprint of the development was approximately 6500m2 and the site was part of a former municipal landfill site. Works comprised of the following;
• Provision of level access for the public, the site was ‘split level’ with the majority of the recycling containers on the lower service yard. Precast concrete retaining walls to the Contractor’s design to provide the level difference.
• Provision of Recycling space for 8nr compactor skips; 8nr open skips; clothing, bottle and can banks; plus recycling areas for books, paint, gas bottles, fluorescent tubes, electrical appliances, furniture etc.
• Road pavements in the HRC of both flexible and rigid type.
• A perimeter security fence and gate was required.
• A covered walkway was provided in the area where the public deposit recyclables into the containers.
• Supply and installation of weighbridge.
• Contract included for the foundations and services for staff and public welfare facilities. Provision of general, amenity and flood lighting, CCTV, Hand washing facilities around the site for the public and staff, Provision of electrical supplies to the compacters & Access control.
• The incorporation of sustainable technologies also formed part of the contract.
9 - 10
G.B. VAT Registration Number: 209 4385 03
web design | shanweb.com
All Material Strictly © AG Wilson 2018